Identification of the person responsible
The American British Cowdray Medical Center, I.A.P. (“ABC Medical Center”), responsible for the purposes of the Federal Act for Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Individuals, with address at Sur 136 number 116, Colonia Las Américas, Delegación Álvaro Obregón, C.P. 01120, Ciudad de México, informs you that it will handle the personal data collected from you for the following:
1- Providing preventive medicine services.
2- Scheduling appointments, to provide you with a better service.
3- Registration in the databases of this medical center.
4- Elaboration of the corresponding invoice.
5- Integration of your clinical record in the preventive medicine service.
Advertising and philanthropic purposes
Your personal contact details (address, telephone and/or e-mail) may be used to send you information about the services offered and other information related to ABC Medical Center; also, since ABC Medical Center is a private assistance institution, it may send you information related to its fundraising campaigns.
If you do not wish to receive any type of information on the matter, you can call 52308006, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to achieve the above purposes, the following personal data will be processed:
Full name, address, home phone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, age, and date of birth.
For the fulfilment of the aforementioned purposes, if necessary, the following financial data will be collected: bank account data and tax data. If you pay services by cheque, we inform you that the cheque may be transferred to any natural or legal person with whom ABC Medical Center has a contract for the provision of support services and cheque transactions.
Sensitive personal data
Hereditary family history, non-pathological history, pathological history, dental history, physical examinations, vaccination history, nutritional health status, allergies, vital signs, past and present health status, as well as results of diagnostic studies.
There are security video cameras inside ABC Medical Center facilities, which may capture images and / or video of the activities in common areas, for your safety and the safety of the people who visit us and work in these facilities.
ABC Medical Center has established a Privacy Committee through which you may request the exercise of your ARCO Rights, which consist of access to your personal data, its rectification, cancellation or opposition to its processing for specific purposes, as well as the revocation of consent granted for the processing of your personal data to the extent permitted by law. The Privacy Committee shall be responsible for following up your request and giving you a response within 20 (twenty) business days. This Privacy Committee will also carry out requests you make to limit the use or disclosure of your data. For this purpose, we provide you with the email address of the ABC Medical Center Privacy Committee: email@example.com.
ARCO procedure and revocation of consent
For the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or the revocation of your consent for the processing of your Personal Data by ABC Medical Center, please submit a request (“Request for the Exercise of ARCO Rights”) to the Privacy Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, accompanied by the following information:
Name, full address of the holder and, if applicable, of their legal representative (street, interior and/or exterior number, neighborhood, zip code, city and state).
Official identification of the holder and, if applicable, of their legal representative (voting credential, valid passport, professional license or migratory document).
3. Document by means of which the relationship is accredited, in case the application is submitted by the legal representative;
4. If the application is not made by the holder, the document proving the existence of representation, i.e. public instrument or power of attorney signed before two witnesses, together with official identification of the holder, the authorized person and witnesses.
5. A clear and precise description of the personal data with respect to which you are seeking to exercise any of the ARCO Rights, what is the right to exercise and the reasons why you wish to exercise it.
6. Any document or information that proves that your personal data are owned by ABC Medical Center.
7. In case of requesting the rectification of data, please also indicate the modifications to be made, providing the documentation that supports your request.
The Privacy Committee will respond to your request by e-mail or in person on the sixth floor of the Administrative Tower of ABC Medical Center, located at Artificios No. 40, Colonia Acueducto, C.P. 01120, Delegación Álvaro Obregón, Ciudad de México, within 20 (twenty) business days of receipt of your request. If the request is appropriate, the response may be sent via email or personally.
-The Privacy Committee may ask you, in order to provide an answer, to submit the original documents attached to your Application for comparison at the above address, within 10 (ten) business days after they are requested. If, after that period, the abovementioned documents are not submitted, the Application shall be deemed to be closed.
When the request is appropriate and the corresponding comparisons have been carried out with respect to the identity and ownership of the ARCO Rights, the terms for responding shall be as follows:
1. For access to or rectification of data: within 15 days of the Privacy Committee’s affirmative response.
2. For the cancellation or opposition of the data: the data will first be blocked from the time when the comparison of the required documentation was made; access to personal data will be restricted to any person until there is a response to the request, either affirmative or negative: in the first case within 15 days from the affirmative response made by the Privacy Committee and in the second case, the data will be unblocked to continue with the processing.
The periods referred to in the foregoing paragraphs may be extended only once for an equal period if necessary and subject to prior notification by the Privacy Committee.
ABC Medical Center may deny the exercise of ARCO Rights in the following cases:
– When the applicant is not the holder of the personal data or cannot prove the representation of the holder.
– When your personal data is not in the database of ABC Medical Center.
– When the rights of a third party are infringed.
– When there is a legal impediment or the resolution of a competent authority that restricts your ARCO Rights.
– In case of cancellation, when personal data are processed for prevention or for medical diagnosis or management of health services.
– When the rectification, cancellation or opposition has been previously carried out.
The refusal may be partial, in which case the ABC Medical Center will carry out the access, rectification, cancellation or opposition in the appropriate part.
The exercise of the “ARCO Rights” will be free of charge, but in the event that two or more applications are filed within a period of less than twelve months, the costs will be three times the Unit of Measure and Update (UMA) in effect in Mexico City, unless there are substantial modifications to the Privacy Notice that motivate new Requests for the Exercise of ARCO Rights. The applicant must cover the justified sending expenses or the cost of reproduction in copies or other formats.
Please note that your personal data may be transferred to insurance companies with which you have contracted or are going to contract some type of insurance, if so required, or if referred by a company where you work, the data will be transferred to it, in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
ABC Medical Center reserves the right to make changes or updates to this Privacy Notice at any time, which will be communicated personally or by posting a notice in a visible place and / or on the website www.centromedicoabc.com
The ABC Medical Center Privacy Committee will immediately inform you of any security breach that occurs at any stage of the processing of your personal data that significantly affects your patrimonial or moral rights, by means of an e-mail or telephone call requesting an appointment to explain what has happened so that you can take the measures you deem appropriate for the defense of your rights.
Cookies and web beacons
If you wish to revoke or deny your consent for your personal data to be used for secondary purposes, we ask you to let us know via email: email@example.com, within five business days.
Date updated: January 2018.