What is Hand surgery?
It is a surgery performed for a hand injury or infection that can affect its mobility in the medium or long term.
It is recommended to correct conditions such as:
- Inflammatory arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis of the thumb.
- Trigger finger.
- Bone deformities.
- Congenital defects.
- Dupuytren’s disease.
- D’Quervain’s disease.
- Scaphoid and distal radius fracture.
- Sports and pediatric injuries.
- Hand and wrist cysts.
- Joint replacement.
- Tendon repair.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome.
What is hand surgery:
After performing a physical examination and reviewing your medical history, you will be asked for the necessary tests to assess your case, mainly because it is required to analyze all hand structures, such as bones, tendons, nerves, ligaments, etc. Depending on your situation, your doctor will define the type of anesthesia, local or general.
- Loss of sensation or movement of the hand or fingers.
Recovery after hand surgery depends a lot on the type of surgery you had. Being a very important and sensitive part of the body, you can have mild to severe pain. Therefore, your orthopedist, in addition to providing you with painkillers and anti-inflammatories, will recommend physiotherapy, chromotherapy, and exercises to regain mobility.
At the Orthopedics and Traumatology Center we seek to improve the lives of patients restricted or immobilized by musculoskeletal disorders or injuries. We specialize in the care of the locomotor system by integrating the latest medical, biological, and technological advances, in strict adherence to the highest international standards of patient care.
We put our skills and knowledge at your service to provide you and your loved ones with cutting-edge treatments and highly specialized medical care in the following procedures:
- Arthroscopic surgery.
- Partial and total joint replacement surgery (prostheses).
- Trauma surgery.
- Hand surgery.
- Foot and ankle surgery.
- Spinal surgery.
We treat injuries such as:
- Chronic bone and joint diseases.
- Spinal diseases.
- Joint replacements.
Related centers and departments:
- Fernández VJM, Ayala GU. Historia de la cirugía de mano en el Centro Médico ABC. An Med Asoc Med Hosp ABC. 2020;65(1):79-80. doi:10.35366/92923.
- Hernández-Gasca V. Cirugía de mano. Rev Mex Anest. 2017;40(Suppl: 1):161-162.
- Padilla BF. Aplicaciones de la osteosíntesis en la cirugía de mano. Ortho-tips. 2006;2(1):18-27.