Identifying the responsible party
The American British Cowdray Medical Center, I.A.P. (“ABC Medical Center”), the Responsible Party for purposes of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties and its regulatory provisions (the “Data Law”), with address at Sur 136 number 116, Las Americas, Álvaro Obregón, 01120, Mexico City, informs you that it will use the personal data collected from you with the following:
- Provide you with the health care service you are requesting.
- Add your data to our patient care databases.
- Schedule your appointment, if necessary.
- Integrate your file or records with the requested services.
- Send, through the email address provided, your current and previous test images and results, if any.
- Create your username and password, so that you can view your Radiology and Molecular Imaging or Clinical Laboratory tests; which will be sent to you via email.
- Share your clinical information with your treating and consulting physicians, if so authorized by you upon visiting the Service
- Share your data with third-party payers for the payment of ABC Medical Center services, when applicable and when so authorized.
- Bill and collect for services provided.
Your personal contact information may be used to request you answer service satisfaction surveys. Also, your data may be processed for statistical purposes, to improve care, academic, and/or research processes, taking care that you are not identified.
Your personal contact information (address, telephone, and/or email) may be used to send you information about promotions and the characteristics of the services offered by ABC Medical Center, including information regarding your healthcare projects, where appropriate.
If you do not wish to receive any type of information in this regard or that your data is not used for any of the secondary purposes, we request that you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To achieve the aforementioned purposes, the following personal data will be processed:
- Identification data: Full name, age, date of birth, gender, marital status, nationality.
- Contact Details: Address, telephone, email
- Information contained in your insurance policy.
To achieve the aforementioned purposes, the following financial data will be processed: Bank account details, credit or debit card with which payment for services is made, and tax details. If you pay for the services by check, we inform you that it may be transferred to any natural or legal person with whom ABC Medical Center has entered into a contract for the provision of support services and check transactions.
Sensitive personal data
To achieve the aforementioned purposes, the following sensitive personal data will be processed: Current health status and that obtained as a result of the services requested at this Medical Center; in some services, it will also be necessary to obtain other sensitive data, such as your religion.
There are security cameras inside ABC Medical Center’s facilities which can capture images and/or video of the activities performed in common areas for your safety and that of our visitors and staff.
You may request the exercise of your ARCO Rights through the Privacy Committee, which consist of access to your personal data, its rectification, cancellation, or opposition to its use for specific purposes, as well as the revocation of the consent granted for the processing of your personal data to the extent permitted by law. The Privacy Committee is in charge of following up on your request and giving you a response. This Committee will also carry out requests that you make to limit the use or disclosure of your data. For this purpose, we provide you with the ABC Medical Center’s Privacy Committee email: email@example.com
ARCO procedure and revocation of consent
For the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or the revocation of consent for the processing of your personal data by ABC Medical Center, please submit your request (“Request for Exercise of ARCO Rights”) to the Privacy Committee’s email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
1. Name and contact information such as complete address (street, interior and/or exterior number, neighborhood, zip code, city, and state) and/or email;
2. Identification (voting card, valid passport, professional license, or immigration document).
3. If the owner is not the one who submits the request, the document that proves the legal representation, that is, a public instrument or power of attorney signed by two witnesses, along with the owner’s, the representative’s, and the witnesses’ identification (voting card, valid passport, professional license, or immigration document).
- In the case of minors, the documents to prove their legal representation will be a birth certificate and a photo ID of the minor (the one provided by their school), an IMSS card, a valid passport, or any other that has a photograph.
- In the case of interdicts, the documents to prove legal representation will be the interdict record and photo ID of the person who holds this legal status, either a voting card, a valid passport, professional license, or immigration document.
4. A clear and precise description of the personal data for which you seek to exercise any of the ARCO Rights, the right to be exercised, and the reasons why you wish to exercise it;
5. Any document or information that proves that ABC Medical Center has your personal data;
6. If you request data rectification, also indicate the changes to be made, providing the documentation that supports your request;
The Privacy Committee has the recommended forms for the exercise of ARCO Rights, so the one corresponding to your request will be provided to you when so requested to the Committee by any means. The Committee will respond to your Request through the email address email@example.com or in person on the Sixth Floor of the ABC Medical Center Administrative Tower, located on Artificios No. 40, Acueducto, Álvaro Obregón, 01120, Mexico City. In accordance with the Law, there is a period of 20 (twenty) business days from your request, to inform you if your request is appropriate and, if so, they have 15 (fifteen) business days to enforce the ARCO Right. Responses may be sent via email or delivered in person. The Privacy Committee may request additional information or documentation, and check the documents that support your request, within five (5) business days after receiving it and, if there is no response to said request within 10 (ten) business days after its issuance, the application will be considered not submitted.
The term to enforce the ARCO Right may be extended only once for an equal period if necessary, which will be made known to you.
ABC Medical Center may deny the exercise of ARCO Rights, in the following cases:
- When the applicant is not the owner of the personal data or cannot prove the representation of the owner;
- When your personal data does not exist in the ABC Medical Center database;
- When third-party rights are violated;
- When there is a legal restriction or the resolution of a competent authority, which restricts your ARCO Rights;
- In case of cancellation, when the personal data are subject to processing for prevention or medical diagnosis or management of health services;
- When the rectification, cancellation, or opposition has been previously made.
The Refusal may be partial, in which case ABC Medical Center will give access, rectify, cancel, or oppose the appropriate part.
The exercise of “ARCO Rights” will be free, but if two or more applications are submitted in less than twelve months, the Medical Center may charge for the issuance of copies of documents. If the Applicant requires the certification of documents, they must previously make the corresponding payment following the instructions given. The applicant must cover the justified shipping costs or the cost of reproduction in copies or other formats.
We inform you that your personal data may be transferred inside and outside the country, in a manner consistent with the purpose of data processing and the legal nature of the relationship between you and ABC Medical Center, to insurance companies with whom you have a policy, to third party payers for the corresponding payment purposes, to people who come to collect on your behalf lab tests results or Radiology and Molecular Imaging studies directly at said services, or to your treating physician’s or consulting physician’s assistants who ask for the aforementioned results, when so authorized by you.
Use of tracking on our website or our social media:
Changes to the Privacy Notice:
ABC Medical Center reserves the right to modify or update this privacy notice at any time, which will be made known personally or by publishing a notice in a visible place and/or on the website centromedicoabc.com.
ABC Medical Center’s Privacy Committee will immediately inform you of any security breach that occurs in any phase of the processing of your personal data that significantly affects your economic or moral rights, by email or phone call, by which will request an appointment to explain what happened so that you can take the necessary measures to defend your rights.
Notice of personal data breaches:
ABC Medical Center’s Privacy Committee will immediately inform you of any security breach that occurs in any phase of the processing of your personal data that significantly affects your economic or moral rights, by email or phone call in which an appointment will be requested to explain what happened so that you can take the necessary measures to defend your rights.
If you wish to revoke or deny your consent for your personal data to be used for secondary purposes, we ask that you let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, within five business days.
ABC Medical Center will obtain your consent to provide you with the service or services you require, either by requesting your handwritten signature or using a digital signature that will be generated with the necessary security and authentication measures; clarifying that the authorization will be valid for one year from the date it is granted, concerning the clinical services requested and received in the services indicated at the beginning of this Privacy Notice; unless the Patient expresses his/her desire to change the terms thereof or the Privacy Notice is modified by ABC Medical Center.
Updated: March 2023.