This surgery is intended to remove the uterus or part of it when there is presence of uterine or cervical cancer, chronic pelvic pain, endometriosis, fibroma, endometrial hyperplasia, uterine prolapse, or irregular vaginal bleeding.
It can be performed through open or abdominal surgery, incisions in the belly or vagina assisted by laparoscopy or robot surgery,
Once your medical history has been assessed, studies may be requested to define the type of procedure that is most appropriate for you.
- Intestinal or ureter involvement.
- Urination problems.
It is possible that you suffer alterations in your mood and in your sex life, so you may experience depressive episodes.
If you notice:
- Increased volume of vaginal bleeding.
- Pain in the incision.
- Sore and swollen abdomen.
- High fever.
- Bleeding or drainage of fluid from the incision.
- Leg discomfort and pain.
Call your doctor immediately, who will indicate the steps to follow, as well as some additional or alternative indications according to your condition.
At ABC Medical Center we have a team of experts in the various branches of gynecology ready to serve you with world-class quality and safety standards, as well as the humane treatment and warmth that characterizes us. Come to us and you will receive the best care available in Mexico and Latin America.
We are pioneers in gynecologic laparoscopy, which allows us to offer you the best treatment options, with shorter hospitalization times, as well as a faster and less painful recovery, taking care of the aesthetic aspect with smaller scars than open surgeries. We offer you robot-assisted gynecologic surgeries, being an even less invasive and more precise procedure that provides benefits such as:
20% of the total robot surgeries of ABC Medical Center correspond to this specialty, which places us as a cutting-edge institution with vast experience and leadership in the field for the benefit of our patients.
Related centers and departments
- López-Vera EA, Reynosa-Oviedo Y, Martínez-Salazar GJ, et al. Experiencia en histerectomía obstétrica y control vascular en el Noreste de México. Ginecol Obstet Mex. 2021;89(02):109-114.
- Romero-Matas M, Pantoja-Garrido M, Frías-Sánchez Z, et al. Neoplasia cervical intraepitelial tipo III, poshisterectomía supracervical laparoscópica: ventajas e inconvenientes de la conservación del cuello uterino en pacientes histerectomizadas. Ginecol Obstet Mex. 2020;88(03):187-193.
- Carmona OMP, Rivera HM, Gutiérrez HLR, et al. Primera histerectomía robótica en México por patología ginecológica benigna, realizada en el Hospital Regional de Alta Especialidad de Zumpango. Rev Mex Cir Endoscop. 2020;21(2):109-113. doi:10.35366/98916.