What is Nose reshaping?
It is a surgical procedure that corrects structural or congenital problems that prevent you from breathing correctly, although it is also performed for aesthetic reasons to modify the shape, size, or appearance of the nose.
In this surgical technique, local or general anesthesia is used, depending on the complexity of the case.
Before the procedure:
- Follow the recommended fasting time.
- Wear comfortable clothes, no jewelry or makeup.
- Avoid taking medications such as aspirin, pain killers, and vitamin E, among others.
After the procedure:
- You can be discharged between three to six hours after surgery unless your doctor indicates otherwise.
- For the first few days you should rest with your head elevated above chest level to reduce bleeding and swelling.
- Drink lots of fluids.
- You can have certain discomforts the first days due to having the nose blocked. Light bleeding and mucus drainage are common in the days after surgery or after removing the bandage.
- To decrease bleeding and swelling, your doctor will likely recommend:
- Avoid exercising.
- Clean yourself carefully.
- Avoid blowing your nose.
- Brush your teeth gently so as not to move your upper lip.
- Avoid putting glasses or sunglasses on your nose.
- Avoid exposing yourself to the sun so that there are no irregular color changes of the skin of the nose.
- Limit your salt intake to reduce the swelling quickly.
- Refrain from using cold compresses or ice on the nose.
- Difficulty breathing through the nose.
- Numbness around or inside the nose.
- Adverse reactions to anesthesia.
In our High Specialty Surgery Center, we perform more than 7,000 cutting-edge surgical procedures each year with state-of-the-art technology.
Our mission is to provide you with general and highly specialized medical-surgical services with the highest standards of quality and safety comparable with international centers of excellence through a multidisciplinary team that uses evidence-based clinical protocols that guarantee the best assistance and care of your health.
ABC Medical Center has always been known for practicing cutting-edge medicine. Our commitment to innovate keeps us as leaders in the practice of this discipline.
Your next surgery in expert and certified hands.
Related centers and departments
- Alfaro-Iraheta FA, Nava-Domínguez VH, Cabrera-Ramírez JF, et al. Anestesia local tumescente en rinoplastia: técnica de 15 puntos. Otorrinolaringología. 2017;62(4):222-227.
- Flores RO, Cárdenas PR, Olivares CTO. Injertos e implantes en rinoplastia y rinoseptoplastia. Experiencia en el Hospital Ignacio Zaragoza, ISSSTE. Rev Esp Med Quir. 2013;18(3):189-194.
- Canto VBF. Rinoplastia primaria y secundaria. Medisur. 2012;10(5):375-379.