Once your gynecologist analyzes your symptoms and clinical history, they will perform a physical examination of the breasts to examine if there are no nodules and will request:
- Blood tests to know your hormone levels.
- Fluid sample to be analyzed.
- Ultrasound and/or mammogram to rule out cancer.
- Pregnancy test.
- MRI to determine if there is no tumor or abnormality in the pituitary gland.
The treatment indicated for galactorrhea will depend on the cause, but it usually includes the intake of medications, surgery, or the suspension for a certain period of a medication that you are taking and is the cause of the condition. Sometimes no treatment is required, as galactorrhea may go away on its own, but it is important to:
- Avoid stimulating your breasts or touching your nipples during sex.
- Avoid wearing very tight clothing or clothing that irritates your skin.
- Do not perform breast self-exams more than once a month.
- Use bra pads to absorb the milky discharge.
Comprehensive women’s health is our priority at the Women’s Center, so we offer services focused on women in all their chronological stages with the highest standards of care to improve their quality of life, through a wide range of prevention, diagnosis, timely treatment, and follow-up services. It has three specialized units:
Gynecology in adolescence
Reasons to choose our Women’s Center:
- Multidisciplinary team: we have obstetrician gynecologists and specialized nurses who provide gynecological and prenatal care.
- Personalized and humane care: our services are designed to meet your individual needs and preferences, ensuring that you receive humane care that allows you to have a healthy life.
- Better treatment options: reducing hospitalization times, a quicker and less painful recovery, and taking care of the aesthetic appearance of our patients.
- Robot surgery: we have a great technological development that allows us to perform more precise surgical procedures using robotic instruments and an endoscopic video camera.
- Comfortable facilities with state-of-the-art technology: in case of requiring special care, we have facilities fully equipped with the latest technological advances.