In addition to a physical examination and a review of the patient’s medical history, the diagnosis may require additional studies.
Some of the main studies are:
- Angiography to visualize blockage in blood vessels.
- Lipid profile to measure cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
- Ultrasound to check blood flow.
- Angiography and stress test to see how the heart is working.
Its goal is to control symptoms, stop their progression, and lower your chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
Your ABC doctor will determine the specific treatment based on:
- Your age, general health, and medical history.
- Current state of the disease and expectations of it.
- Tolerance to certain medications, procedures, or therapies.
Treatment can include significant changes in your lifestyle, the incorporation of drugs to remove plaque in blood vessels and improve circulation, or interventions such as vascular surgery or angioplasty that improve blood flow.
In addition to the chosen treatment, your ABC doctor will recommend a series of daily exercises to improve your physical condition and your cardiovascular health.
At the Cardiovascular Center we offer you a wide range of prevention, diagnosis, timely treatment, and follow-up services to take care of you through a comprehensive and multidisciplinary care model. Come to us, we want to hear your heart.