After reviewing your symptoms and medical history, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums for damage and may gently tap on your teeth to see how sensitive they are. They will also take x-rays of the affected tooth and in some cases may order a computed tomography, especially if they suspect that the infection has spread to other areas. The treatment to follow consists of eradicating the infection through:
- Abscess drainage.
- Root canals.
You can avoid dental abscesses:
- Brushing your teeth after every meal.
- Flossing daily.
- Using a fluoride mouthwash to add an extra layer of protection against tooth decay.
- Seeing your dentist regularly.
- Replacing your toothbrush every two months.
- Consuming foods reduced in sugars or without them.
- Quit smoking.
ABC Medical Center invites you to take care of your dental health with our professional team of highly qualified and ethical dentists supported by cutting-edge technology, which guarantees high quality and safe service in our comfortable and functional facilities with all the state-of-the-art dental advances, achieving rapid attention with a high degree of precision and efficiency.