What is Abdominal reshaping?
It refers to an aesthetic intervention to remove excess fat or correct any imperfection in the abdominal area. Often, it is women who resort to abdominal reshaping, especially after pregnancy.
There are many other reasons to perform this procedure, and it will depend on the diagnosis, the patient’s health, and goals to determine the type of abdominal reshaping that will be required.
Recommendations prior to the procedure:
It is important that you remember the following preoperative indications:
- Don’t smoke and hydrate properly.
- Make sure to get a general check-up to rule out the presence of any other problem in the abdominal area.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking blood thinners.
When the procedure is complete:
It is important to remember that this surgery will require epidural or general anesthesia, and will last for three hours approximately, so it will be necessary for you to stay in the hospital for a couple of days to supervise your recovery.
During hospitalization, your ABC doctor will put a binder on you to ensure good closure of the surgical wound, in addition to providing guidance on what activities you can perform.
Usually, the stitches are removed in a couple of weeks at the most, but physical exercise will have to wait a little longer in order to guarantee an adequate recovery.
- Scars, bruises, and/or sensitive skin.
- Lethargy and discomfort in the throat from anesthesia.
- Lung problems.
In our High Specialty Surgery Center, we perform more than 7,000 cutting-edge surgical procedures each year with state-of-the-art technology.
Our mission is to provide you with general and highly specialized medical-surgical services with the highest standards of quality and safety comparable with international centers of excellence through a multidisciplinary team that uses evidence-based clinical protocols that guarantee the best assistance and care of your health.
ABC Medical Center has always been known for practicing cutting-edge medicine. Our commitment to innovate keeps us as leaders in the practice of this discipline.
Your next surgery in expert and certified hands.
Related centers and departments
- ISAPS international Survey on Aesthetic/Cosmetic Procedures Performed in 2017. Available in: http://www.isaps.org/news/isaps-global-statistics.
- Warner J, Stacey D, Sillah N et al. National bariatric surgery and massive weight loss body contouring survey. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2009; 124: 926-933.
- González &; Mendoza J, Cerecero &; García FE, García &;Treviño P, et al. Abdominoplastia más cesárea en el mismo tiempo quirúrgico, 25 años de experiencia. Cir Plast. 2019;29(2):221-230. doi:10.35366/91715.