What is Infusion Center (outpatient chemotherapy)?
After the detection of some type of cancer, outpatient chemotherapy allows better monitoring of the patient without significantly interfering with their daily life.
Chemotherapy uses chemicals that are given intravenously or orally to fight cancer cells.
Outpatient chemotherapy is performed in infusion centers under strict safety protocols to avoid complications. Its duration varies according to the condition and the established treatment.
Risks and side effects:
Currently, chemotherapy is the most common treatment option for various types of cancer. However, its use may have side effects:
- Opportunistic infections.
- Hair loss.
- Lack of appetite.
- Frequent constipation or diarrhea.
- Nausea, vomiting, and dizziness.
- Sexual problems such as impotence or sterility.
- Emotional disorders
ABC Medical Center Infusion Center:
We perform infusion therapy at our Infusion Center, which consists of giving the treatment intravenously to the patient under the supervision of a general practitioner trained in cancer treatments, which sets us apart from other similar centers due to the high quality and safety of our care, minimizing the possible risks and complications of this type of therapy.
We have nine cubicles overlooking the garden with recliners, televisions, headphones, and laptop tables.
In addition to outpatient chemotherapy treatments, we offer therapies for chronic-degenerative conditions such as lupus, multiple sclerosis, immunodeficiencies, and kidney diseases, among others.
At ABC Medical Center, doctors from different specialties work together to treat cancer, so a highly specialized team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiologist oncologists will treat you with the warmth and humane treatment that sets us apart.
Related centers and departments
Why choose ABC Medical Center?
Experience, state-of-the-art technology, and state-of-the-art facilities
Since its opening in 2009, our Cancer Center offers chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments at the level of the best medical centers in the world through a comprehensive care model for cancer patients.
In chemotherapy we include the most innovative therapies in comfortable facilities specially designed for your comfort and peace of mind.
In radiotherapy procedures, we provide you with evidence-based treatment plans discussed with experts from Houston Methodist Hospital, using state-of-the-art technological equipment in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Font DMV, Legra BE, Torres TN, et al. Evaluación de la calidad de la atención de enfermería en pacientes oncológicos tratados con quimioterapia. MediSan. 2014;18(11):1560-1566.
- Gómez-Robles J, Domingo-Pozo M. Plan de cuidados estandarizado para el paciente sometido a quimioterapia siguiendo las taxonomías NIC y NOC, investigación y cuidados, 2003; 1(2): 28-37.
- Jacobson JO, Polovich M, McNiff KK, LeFebvre KB, Cummings Ch, Galioto M, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology/Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy Administration Safety Standards. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27(32):5469-75.