Cosmetic surgery is a medical procedure and like any surgery, an assessment appointment is necessary to know the patient’s medical and clinical history and listen to their needs and expectations, in this way the specialist will be able to give a diagnosis and a personalized treatment plan taking care of the safety and personal satisfaction of all patients.
You can also express any concern during the assessment appointment and your doctor must be completely available to answer all your questions, such as:
- If you are a candidate for the procedure.
- What are your surgical options.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the procedure.
- What type of anesthesia is required.
- If the procedure is outpatient or requires hospitalization.
- Know if your surgeon is certified by the Mexican Council of Aesthetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery (Consejo Mexicano de Cirugía Plástica Estética y Reconstructiva).
- See before and after photos.
- The cost of the procedure.
Remember that a certified plastic surgeon is the only specialist who has the knowledge, training, and experience necessary to perform this type of procedures. If you will undergo a procedure that requires anesthesia, it is advisable to verify that the institution has some accreditation such as the Joint Commission International (JCI), considered the most rigorous health care accreditation.
At ABC Medical Center we have a medical team specialized in each area of aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, to offer excellence in each of the treatments. Some of the procedures are:
- Blepharoplasty (droopy eyelid surgery).
- Mastopexy (breast lift).
- Breast reduction surgery.
- Augmentation mammoplasty (breast implants).
- Change of breast implant.
- Abdominoplasty and liposuction.
- Rhytidectomy (facelift).
- Rhinoplasty (nose job)