Your ABC doctor, in addition to performing a physical examination and analyzing your medical history, will request x-rays and other tests to help determine the treatment to follow.
If there is infection, in addition to bronchitis, you will be prescribed antibiotics and bronchodilators. However, these recommendations will help you reduce discomfort:
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid smoking and do not go outside if there is a lot of environmental pollution.
- Perform hand hygiene frequently.
- Perform nebulizations and humidify your environment.
In the Pulmonary Physiology and Inhalation Therapy Department we guarantee you the best care in respiratory ailments provided by highly trained medical personnel.
Thanks to an adequate clinical assessment and state-of-the-art equipment in pulmonary function tests, metabolic monitor, and video bronchoscopy, we offer you a timely and accurate diagnosis of your lung function. In addition, we have the most advanced mechanical ventilator system (52 mechanical ventilators).
- Calorimetry at rest.
- Alveolar-capillary CO diffusion capacity.
- Pre-bronchodilator spirometry.
- Post-bronchodilator spirometry.
- Video-bronchoscopy tests.
- Cardiopulmonary tests in exercise.
- Removal of foreign bodies.
- Bronchial sampling.
- Complete lung volumes.