Once your doctor analyzes your symptoms and medical history, they will perform a physical examination and a thorough skin check, which may include a dermoscopy or a skin sample to be analyzed in the laboratory and determine the infectious agent.
When the type of infection is identified, your doctor will establish the treatment to be followed according to the characteristics of the pathogens and the severity of the condition, but they can usually include:
- Antibiotics: topical creams are often used, but when the infection is severe, they can be combined with oral antibiotics.
- Antifungals: these can be creams, lotions, or oral medications to fight fungal infections.
- Anti-inflammatories: topical steroid creams are usually prescribed, but if the doctor deems it necessary, they can also be prescribed orally.
- Surgery: this is an intervention that consists of draining the purulent fluids through incisions.
- Laser hair removal: to avoid complications and root out the problem, the hair follicles are permanently removed.
At ABC Medical Center’s Internal Medicine Department, we offer health care services with the highest quality and safety, from the prevention, diagnosis, timely treatment, and monitoring of infectious, respiratory, endocrinological, dermatological, rheumatic, nephrological, gastrointestinal, and hematological pathologies of both chronic-degenerative diseases and acute conditions, through a comprehensive and multidisciplinary model.