In the Medicine Department hospitalization, we offer the widest range of diagnosis, timely treatment, and follow-up services for patients with medical conditions through a comprehensive and multidisciplinary model.
- We have group medical practices specialized in understanding and managing all aspects of adult health care.
- We offer care and strategies for disease prevention, care, and monitoring of chronic diseases to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Your care is provided in a clinical environment supported by medical education and research that produces new advances and medical treatments of the highest quality standards in health care.
- We have a comprehensive care method ensuring that you receive personalized attention according to your needs. If necessary, reference will be made to other specialties and services.
The following service is provided in the Medicine Department:
- Comprehensive care for people with undefined symptoms, for example: shortness of breath, chest pain, abdominal and back pain, who need help for their diagnosis and treatment.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team; according to your condition’s needs it can be attended by more than one specialty.
- Educating the patient about their pathology and what it requires to return home and rejoin its activities.
- Follow-up after being discharged, which is especially important if you have one or more chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
Metabolic and cardiovascular surveillance
When we have discomfort or symptoms of having a disease, we must go to a specialist, since a medical examination is required to know exactly what our state of health is and to be able to follow the appropriate treatment that will help us recover.
An internist performs a medical examination following the health and illness process of a patient.
Phases of the medical examination:
- Medical history, first the family and personal history of the patient should be collected, in addition to the signs and symptoms that it experiences in its disease.
- Physical examination, in order to obtain objective data or signs related to the reason for the patient’s consultation, a physical examination must be performed.
- Complementary tests, effective tests are requested to rule out or confirm a clinical diagnosis.
An internist can diagnose and treat rare, complex, and serious diseases that affect various internal organs, through drug treatments or physical procedures, with a global and comprehensive vision of the patient.
It is ideal to go to an internal medicine consultation once a year.
The internist comprehensively cares for pathologies of the lung, liver, digestive tract, etc., the medicine department covers various areas of medical specialties, since medical problems may arise in different organs.
When a patient has several diseases that affect different organs at the same time, the internist is in charge of requesting different tests and adjusting the medications so that they do not react with each other and cause harmful effects, that is, this specialist takes care of all the problems prioritizing the most important to be able to carry out an adjusted and personalized treatment to each situation.
At ABC Medical Center, we are prepared to serve you in out two Campuses 24/24h, 7 days a week.