- Keep in touch with your family and friends.
- Establish routines.
- Take care of your body:
- Stand up 10 times every hour.
- Walk at least 20 minutes a day in the yard or garden.
- Dance with your partner or companion.
- Sunbathe for 15 minutes.
- Remember to drink enough fluids, at least a liter a day.
- Have a balanced diet.
- Watch your health
- Apply the corresponding vaccines: influenza, pneumococcus.
- Coordinate with your doctor to ensure you have enough medications for the time you have to stay home (medications you take regularly).
- Plan who will help with your care in case your primary caregiver gets sick.
- Take care of your mind:
- Download games to your cell phone to exercise your mind like sudoku or crossword puzzles.
- Listen to relaxing music or your favorite music.
- Read a book or listen to an audiobook.
- Avoid being inactive, as inactivity can affect your mood.
- Call a person who needs support and encouragement.
- Do breathing exercises.
- Practice meditation.
- Commit to a new activity like painting, cooking, gardening, embroidery, etc.
In the Preventive Medicine area of the ABC Medical Center we can give you specialized care. Contact us!
Especialistas del Centro Médico ABC