We detail the nine steps to use it correctly and not reduce its effectiveness:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before handling the mask.
- Check that it is in an optimal state to be used.
- Make sure that the mask is on the correct side, that is, that the part that goes towards the face is the right one.
- Fasten it around the ears.
- Completely covers your face from the bridge of the nose to below the chin. Do not leave any gaps.
- Don’t touch the mask while wearing it. If you do, wash your hands, use gel, or alcohol solution.
- Replace the mask if it gets wet.
- To remove it, do it from the back to the front, untying it with clean hands.
- After using it, wash it immediately by hand or in the washing machine if it is made of fabric; or if it is disposable, put it in a plastic bag, close it, and throw it in the trash.
At ABC Medical Center’s Department of Preventive Medicine we can provide you with specialized care. Contact us!