We share some recommendations to clean your house in the best way being aware that COVID-19 is not visible to us:
- Inform all your household members about the cleaning and disinfection activities that they will perform to prevent spread and contagion.
- Protect yourself with a mask and single-use gloves before you start cleaning your house.
- Disinfect and clean frequently used surfaces daily such as tables, doorknobs, outlets, switches, trash cans, bathroom faucets, toilets, sinks, and all areas that may have blood, feces, or bodily fluids.
- Frequently disinfect cell phones, tablets, computers, and other electronic devices with cleaning wipes as they are constantly in use.
- Wash dishes, cutlery, and other kitchen utensils in hot, soapy water. If you use a dishwasher, choose a program that reaches a temperature of 60ºC.
- Change sheets and towels weekly, wash them with hot water. If possible, dry them in the sun so that it destroys biological agents.
- Store toothbrushes separately to prevent them from being exposed and within everyone’s reach.
- Make sure the rooms are well ventilated (five minutes a day minimum).
Clean the windows inside and out, you can use ammonia diluted in water that has a disinfectant and degreasing effect.
- Keep all home textiles clean such as curtains, rugs, fabric sofas, bedding, etc.
- Vacuum frequently. Keeping the house free of dust will always help to ensure good breathing conditions and prevent the entry of germs.
- Place antibacterial gel at the entrance of your house and use it when entering and leaving.
- Take off your shoes when you enter and put on shoes that you only use to be at home.
It is essential to keep your home clean and tidy to prevent the transmission of viruses, bacteria, and pathogens.
At ABC Medical Center’s Department of Preventive Medicine we can provide you with specialized care. Contact us!