On food issues
- Be alert for signs of hunger or appetite. Identify the difference. Remember that appetite is regulated by cravings, hunger is physiological.
- Set mealtimes. Don’t eat when it’s not time.
- Distinguish boredom from wanting to eat. When this happens, stretch, take a short walk at home.
- Before eating, take conscious breaths for 1 minute.
- Organize your menu for the week in advance, so it will be easier for you to have a balanced menu.
- When you get hungry, add a piece of fruit or yogurt or some vegetable with jocoque.
- Remember to eat slowly. Spend at least 30 minutes in each meal.
- Stress or anxiety is released through relaxation exercises, not through eating.
- Avoid having “craving” foods within reach.
- Keep hydrated, this will make the difference to achieve a good satiety. Hydrate slowly and steadily throughout the day.
At the Nutrition and Obesity Center of the ABC Medical Center we can give you specialized care. Contact us!
Prepared by nutritionists at the ABC Nutrition and Obesity Center