What is Septoplasty?
It refers to a surgery to correct nasal septum deviation due to injury, cosmetic decision, or to a blockage that does not allow adequate breathing.
Before the procedure:
- Talk to your doctor about the scope and expectations of this procedure.
- Do not eat or drink prior to surgery.
- In case you are taking medications such as anticoagulants or antiplatelet drugs, report it immediately.
After the procedure:
The anesthetics required in this surgery, which last one to two hours, are local or general, so you will need a few days of recovery at home and you will need to breathe through your mouth during the first 24 hours.
Usually, at the end of the procedure, you may experience pain or some kind of discomfort in the parts where the surgery was performed.
- Aroma distortion.
- Allergic reaction to anesthesia and breathing problems.
In our High Specialty Surgery Center, we perform more than 7,000 cutting-edge surgical procedures each year with state-of-the-art technology. Our mission is to provide you with general and highly specialized medical-surgical services with the highest standards of quality and safety comparable with international centers of excellence through a multidisciplinary team that uses evidence-based clinical protocols that guarantee the best assistance and care of your health.
ABC Medical Center has always been known for practicing cutting-edge medicine. Our commitment to innovate keeps us as leaders in the practice of this discipline.
Your next surgery in expert and certified hands.
Related centers and departments
- Bajaj Y, Kanatas AN, Carr S, Sethi N, Kelly G. Is nasal packing really required after septoplasty? Department of ENT, leeds teaching hospitals NHS trust, leeds, UK. Int J Clin Pract 2009; 63:757-759.
- Nunez DA, Martin FW. An evaluation of post-operative packing in nasal septal surgery. Clin Otolaryngol 1991;16:549- 550.
- Ramírez Oropeza FJ, Bañuelos Arias A, Espinoza Cano M. Eficacia y seguridad de la técnica de septumplastia en tres hojas. An Orl Mex 2007;52:1-9.